PRECISION METAL STAMPING
Over 48 years ago, Weiss-Aug began as a precision metal stamping company focused on supplying tight toleranced miniature high-speed stampings for the most intricate and complex projects. Today, we offer numerous industry leading capabilities, as well as our own newly developed technologies, to deliver the superior quality our modern clients need to strengthen their competitive edge.
PRECISION METAL STAMPING
With more than 200 best-in-class presses running across our U.S. and Mexico plants, we accommodate high precision and miniature stamping, as well as medium tonnage mechanical stamping.
Our precision metal stamped components offer our customers a more competitive and cost-effective alternative to traditional manufacturing technologies such as machining, die casting, photo-etching or MIM (Metal Injection Molding).
Weiss-Aug also designs and fabricates tight-tolerance progressive carbide dies in-house or via our division JK Tool, our industry leading contract tool manufacturer.
Our proprietary tool designs, incorporate “Smart Tool” technologies in conjunction with state-of-the-art high speed presses to produce:
- Precision metal stampings with multiple compound forms and unique geometric patterns.
- Parts that previously could not be manufactured in a progressive die.
For stampings requiring additional strength or insertion/retention force, we have incorporated additional advanced technologies in our manufacturing processes such as:
- In-die laser welding capability, custom designed and build into our high-speed presses.
- In-die measurement technology, automatically measuring your critical dimensions in real-time, allowing us to adjust and compensate due to constant material variations.
Weiss-Aug’s customer base includes Medical Device OEM’s, as well as domestic and offshore Aerospace, Automotive and Consumer OEMs. The Weiss-Aug Group understands how our cost and quality impacts our customers’ market share for Application Specific Disposable components that require millions of actuations over its life cycle.
R&D / PROTOTYPING
Our New Product Development Team specializes in working with you on the initial development of your new precision stamping or other component needs:
- Utilizing alternative, cost-effective material solutions and designs to improve your part’s functionality as well as its repeatable manufacturability.
- Aggressively applying a DFM (Design For Manufacturing) mentality when working with your design engineers to jointly develop your precision stamped component.
- Providing pre-production services such as single prototypes, prototype or bridge tooling and advanced engineering support.
- Offering engineering expertise in both medical device and automotive prototyping to improve process efficiency, reduce costs, decrease steps in the process, accelerate time to market, and create improved product performance.
VALUE ADDED SERVICES THROUGH OUR VERTICALLY INTEGRATED CAPABILITIES
Secondary operations are an important part of our value proposition, as they optimize our ability to deliver cost-effective solutions to complex manufacturing challenges. These additional integrated capabilities enhance our metal stamping processes.
We offer fast and effective aqueous free degreasing in our Ecoclean System utilizing oil distillate, with heat and vacuum to help remove manufacturing lubricants and surface contaminants from the part surface.
For the production of high quality precision-stamped parts, the use of high quality materials is needed. Although many metals and metal alloys have adequate strength, hardness, workability, without the need for further treatments, there are many metals that benefit from the added processes of heat treating. We offer several types of heat treatments to increase a certain property in metal to fit the function of a part made with our precision metal stamping capability.
IN-DIE LASER WELDING:
In-die laser welding along with in-die assembly and 100% real- time in-die inspection are some of the capabilities that we can provide for your metal stamping needs.
- Eliminates secondary operations outside the press
- Reduces Costs
- Increases quality by 100% real-time process and part monitoring
Our division, The Diemasters offers Shear-Edge-Technology (SET) to customers looking for fine blanked parts. Our SET is equal to or better in edge quality while offering substantial savings compared to conventional fine blanking methods. Our SET also eliminates die rolls and burrs. If your application requires forming or additional value-added operations your savings will be more significant since our process is produced in traditional progressive die.
HIGH LEVEL OF QUALITY
Our PPM’s (Parts per Million) levels are World Class and are achieved through a networked inspection systems that collects real-time data and is analyzed via our custom SPC software to meet your dimensional Cpk requirements. We utilize Otto, PPT and Cognex high pixel in-line vision systems to achieve 100% defect free parts. Our Vision systems automatically shut off the stamping press when a dimension is trending towards an upper or lower control limit. All production is monitored through this central QA software system.
Whether your production needs are in the 100’s or 10’s of millions, The Weiss-Aug Group stands ready to meet your most demanding and stringent precision stamping needs, the first time and every time.
CUSTOMER SERVICE AND PROGRAM MANAGEMENT INVOLVEMENT
Each project is assigned an Engineering Program Manager and a Customer Service Specialist from cradle to grave for every program you place with The Weiss-Aug Group. Your Weiss-Aug team’s primary function and goal is to make sure your Engineering and Purchasing departments are constantly kept in the loop regarding all phases of your tool build, FAI’s submittal, PPAP and production deliveries so your project is delivered on time, to spec – every time.