We have earned the trust of the medical, automotive, industrial and aerospace/defense industries producing their most critical components with our world-class expertise in insert molding, over molding and reel-to-reel molding.
THE FULL SPECTRUM OF CAPABILITIES IN-HOUSE
Injection molding offers both economic and product performance advantages not possible with traditional manufacturing approaches.
- We have the necessary machinery for any combination of insert molding, over molding, rotary molding or reel-to-reel molding.
- Our molding presses range from 30 to 220 tons in both horizontal and rotary configurations to design the optimal molding process for you.
- We scale injection molding lines to suit the volume demands and part complexity required.
- Lower volume applications can be serviced with less upfront investment and lower costs from our facility in Mexico using manual and semi-automatic processes.
- For high volume programs demanding best-in-class cost and quality, we implement fully automatic lines with 100% testing and inspection.
R&D / PROTOTYPING
Our R&D approach shortens the time to market with early engineering and material science expertise, and state-of-the-art equipment, to rapidly build manufacturing ready prototypes.
Our cross-functional New Product Development Team:
- Works with you on the initial development of your components.
- Aids your engineering team with alternative, cost-effective materials and designs to improve functionality and repeatable manufacturability.
- Aggressively applies a DFM (Design For Manufacturing) mentality when working with your design engineers as we jointly develop your component.
- Delivers single prototypes, prototype or bridge tooling, and advanced engineering support.
- Have experience with both medical device and automotive prototyping. Both fields have benefited from features that improve process efficiency, reduce costs, decrease steps in the process, accelerate time to market, and create improved product performance.
Weiss-Aug offers injection molding services both in its Mexico and U.S. plants. Using both vertical and horizontal injection molding machines, we mold engineered thermoplastics for a variety of applications.
INSERT MOLDING + OVER MOLDING
Insert and over molding is a highly effective manufacturing methods that create superior assemblies. An assembly with a metal or plastic insert within a larger plastic part is created by placing the insert into the mold cavity and injecting the plastic around or over it to create the final part. This molding technology is routinely used in critical automotive and medical device applications.
Rotary molding provides the level of fully automated sophistication needed for complex product geometries. Automatic mold, unloading, secondary operations, and testing are routinely included as part of these dedicated work centers.
Reel-to-reel insert molding lowers upfront investments while yielding high capacity output. Extremely small and complex, as well as larger insert molded parts can be economically and consistently produced in a continuous fashion from reel-to-reel with little or no need for added labor.
We offer fully automatic, semi-automatic and manual processes. Our most cost-effective solutions require lowest upfront investment and labor costs using semi-automatic and manual assembly in our Mexico facility.
INDUSTRY LEADING CAPABILITIES
We are consistently upgrading our molding equipment to meet the high demands of our customers.
- Horizontal machines ranging from 14 to 170 ton, 2 to 18 oz
- Vertical rotary machines ranging from 28 to 220 ton, 1 to 8.5 oz
- Reel-to-reel vertical machines ranging from 30 to 100 ton, 0.3 to 3.6 oz
- Micro molding machines ranging from around 9 to 15 grams
MOLDING RESIN MATERIALS
We provide molding for engineered thermoplastic resins (low shrinkage and glass filled) and are working with, but not limited to, the following resins types:
- PPA: Polyphthalamide
- PPS: Polyphenylene Sulfide
- HDPE: High Density Polyethylene
- PBT: Polybutylene Terephthalate
- LCP: Liquid Crystal Polymer
- Nylon (Poylamide)
- Other Resins Including PEEK
We work with any engineering polymers.
Our injection molding services have earned the trust of the medical, automotive, electronics and aerospace industries for decades.
The life sciences industry has used injection molding manufacturing for many years. Weiss-Aug has been supplying components and assemblies fabricated through insert molding for general surgical, electrosurgical and specialty devices and instruments for over 30 years. ISO 13485 Certified.
The tough environment under the hood and high volume nature of the automotive industry is why injection and insert molded components are commonly used. Weiss-Aug supplies many insert molded sensors, switches, connections and terminals. TS 16949 Certified
CUSTOMER SERVICE AND PROGRAM MANAGEMENT INVOLVEMENT
Each project is assigned an Engineering Program Manager and a Customer Service Specialist from cradle to grave for every program you place with The Weiss-Aug Group. Your Weiss-Aug team’s primary function and goal is to make sure your Engineering and Purchasing departments are constantly kept in the loop regarding all phases of your tool build, FAI’s submittal, PPAP and production deliveries so your project is delivered on time, to spec – every time.
Inspection of parts through the use of vision
Electrical continuity testing of parts through custom fixturing.
AUTOMATION AND QUALITY
Weiss-Aug has 100% inspection capability through the use of automated inspection equipment where possible. In-line cameras allow Weiss-Aug to inspect all parts providing 100% detection systems and real time dimensional data. Our automated equipment uses force testing, electrical testing, and hard gauges which allows us to functionally test all products.
When automated equipment is not possible but 100% inspection is required, inspectors are aided with tools such as digital microscopes to 100% inspect parts.
Techniques used for quality process:
- Scientific molding principles utilizing RJG E-dart system
- In cavity sensing and program technology to monitor variables
- 100% inspection of parts through the use of vision (camera inspection)
- 100% electrical continuity testing of parts through custom fixturing (where applicable)
“High-quality parts are dependent on adequate mold technology, adequate mold flow, and integrated automation. Monitoring multiple points of temperature, pressure and flow throughout the mold can identify problems prior to quality control rejection and document production for critical applications. At Weiss-Aug we understand the critical role of all those aspects to successfully develop innovation-driven competitive solutions.”
– Michael Eck – Mold Engineering Manager